Definitions and interpretation
Collectively all information that you submit to CueRide via the Services. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA), and the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA);
A small text file placed on your computer by this Services when you visit certain parts of the Services and/or when you use certain features of the Services. Details of the cookies used by this Services are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
CueRide, or us
CueRide of 535 Griswold St. suite 111-243 Detroit Michigan 48226;
United States Cookie Law
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA), and the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
User or you
any third party that accesses the Services and is not either (i) employed by CueRide and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to CueRide and accessing the Services in connection with the provision of such services; and
The Services that you are currently using, Cueride.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
c. Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
d. IP address (automatically collected);
Our use of Data
5. For purposes of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA), and the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), CueRide is the "data controller".
6. We will retain any Data you submit for 12 month.
7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
8. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA), and the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
9. Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
10. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Services. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a) internal record keeping;
b) improvement of our transportation services;
Third party Services and services
11. CueRide may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Services. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Services.
Links to other Services
Changes of business ownership and control
15. We may also disclose Data to Drivers or security personnel.
16. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
17. Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
a. Sharing Data with third parties.
b. With Drivers to enable them to provide the Services you request.
c. With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
d. With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public;
e. With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate; and
Functionality of the Services
18. To use all features and functions available on the Services, you may be required to submit certain Data.
19. Mobile platforms such as iOS and Android, have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the CueRide app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the CueRide app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent. To learn about the platform-level permissions that the app seeks, please visit our new iOS Permissions page and Android Permissions page. Sometimes these permissions require more explanation than the platforms themselves provide, and the permissions we request will change over time, so we’ve created these pages to serve as authoritative and up-to-date resources for our users.
Accessing your own Data
21. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by CueRide (where such Data is held).
22. We request permission for our app’s collection of precise location from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, this will limit your ability to use certain features of our Services. Additionally, disabling our app’s collection of precise location from your device will not limit our ability to collect your trip location information from a Driver's device nor our ability to derive approximate location from your IP address.
23. Data security is of great importance to CueRide and to protect you’re Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Services.
24. If password access is required for certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
25. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Services.
27. All Cookies used by this Services are used in accordance with current United States Privacy Acts.
28. Before the Services places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling CueRide to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Services may not function fully or as intended.
This Services may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie
29. Purpose Analytical/performance cookies, they allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Services when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Services works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
30. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
31. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Services more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
32. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
35. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
You may contact CueRide by email at email@example.com.
August 31, 2016